Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Arc de Triomphe!

Hi Lades and Gentlemen?! At times or fairly often for me all it takes is the polish name to get my imagination going in that direction. I guess one could say I'm rather easily influenced, but I like to think that I'm easily inspired. This manicure is one of those cases and although parts of it didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, I still love the idea. I will try to give it another shot some day, but for now I'll show you this attempt...


The base of the manicure is Polished by KPT Triomphe-nt Night from the recent Paris & Me collection. Inspired by the polish name, I wanted to have a little Arc de Triomphe as an accent and of course the stars play with the "night" part of the name...


For the Arc, I created decals using the Cheeky Jumbo plate 3 (European Romance). I stamped the arc using KleanColor Black and then colored it in with the gray Polished by KPT Cloudy Days Go Away. After applying the decal to my nail, I sealed it in with a top coat which sadly smeared the stamping. Maybe it decided that Arc de Triomphe needed a bit of an aging effect? The main part of this manicure that I'm not pleased with is that the arc appears to be floating in space. I should have placed it closer to the tip of the nail and given it a base. Unfortunately I didn't have time to remake it so floating arc it is...


I stamped the stars from Cheeky plate CH5 using KleanColor black...


I would love to know what you think of this manicure!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)


** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **

Post a Comment

0 Comments