Piggy Polish Yacht-a Yachta-a (3 coats)
Happy Thursday! I can't believe how the week flew by. I will be leaving for Seattle on the 22nd, so I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for things to see or do while there. I'm going for a science conference where I'll have to give an oral presentation (eek!!).
I happened to stop by Sally's Beauty Supply and they had the new China Glaze Vintage Vixen polishes (they were $4.99 apiece) as well as the new Finger Paints Fall 2010 Collection. The clearance selection was pretty picked over, but they still have random China Glaze and Orly polishes so you may want to stop by. No Orly Cosmic Fx polishes yet, but I did see them at Ulta last week if you really need any. I've seen several comparisons with this collection, and several of them look like exact dupes of other polishes. I know for sure one I will have to pick up is Space Cadet!
Anyway, on to the nail of the day which is Piggy Polish Yacht-a Yachta-a. Umm....what the heck is up with the name? Several of the names are cute, but this one is just weird. I would have to say out of all the polishes I got, this is my least favorite. I know some of you are going to completely disagree with me, but this is just a personal preference. It is a medium purple jelly, and since it is a jelly finish, it is pretty sheer. The picture shown is three coats, but it could have used one more for an opaque finish. If you're like me and want it to be opaque, you can always put a base coat of a flesh colored polish before adding this one. Overall, I really like the color, but I'm not a fan of the finish. The application of the polish was just fine, but again the formula was a bit thin. What do you guys think?
*These polishes were provided the the company or PR representative. All reviews are based solely on my opinion. For more information, please see my full disclosure at the bottom of the site*

0 Comments