Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Zoya Intimate Collection

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd bought all of the Zoya colors for Spring 2011 Every one of the six spoke to me; what else could I do? Three purples with different shades and finishes, yes, I needed those. Grey, definitely. Cool-toned gold metallic, for sure. Dusty green with a purple shimmer, no doubt about it. When Zoya offered a special price on the set for International Women's Day, I took it as a sign to order.


Left to right: Dove, Dannii, Gemma, Caitlin, Jules, Marley.


Much as I wanted these, they suffered the fate of so many of my acquistions and languished in my swatching box. Rather than waiting until I had time to try them one by one, I decided to use them all at once. I applied Dove as a base color and did dotted tips with the other five shades. (I don't seem to have jotted down how many coats Dove took; it was more than one and less than four, I'm sure, since I consider two and three coats normal and would almost certainly have noted if it was something else.) Some of my dots are more amoeba-shaped than round, and I didn't get them evenly distributed on all my nails, but overall I'm very happy with the effect and plan to try this design again soon with other colors.







I don't recall where I first saw the dotted tips idea; I do know that Rins of Simply Rins has a great post about dots that I intend to refer back to often.

Post a Comment

0 Comments