Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Good time for a Good book!

I know it’s a busy time but that can be the perfect time to read a good book.

My hubby and I read at night before we go to bed and it’s a nice way to unwind.

My sweet friend, Maggie from Just Books and Normandy Life sent me my first Mary Kay Andrews book, Savannah Blues....all the way from France!

DSCN9439

And she was right...I fell in love with this author!

So I went to the library and checked out Deep Dish next. I loved the story and the characters in this book, too but was disappointed in the language. I don’t know why she felt it was necessary to use so many curse words so that knocked it down and notch or two for me. The book ended with some Southern recipes...that brought it back up a notch! heehee!

DSCN9438

Today I checked out Blue Christmas and I will start reading that tonight! I can’t wait!

DSCN9440

We bought the latest book by one of my favorite authors Charles Frazier.

In case you are new here....I’ll post a photo of my favorite author...and me taken last year!

DSCN8815_thumb[1]

I went goo goo ga ga over him ...right in front of my hubby (and his wife, too) ! haha!

One of my ALL time favorite books is Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier but you may recognize his name as the author of Cold Mountain. I can’t wait to read Nightwoods! My hubby is reading it first!

DSCN9445

I have a stack of Christmas books on my library table. It’s such a great time to read the classic Christmas stories.

Do you have a favorite Christmas book? What are you reading now?

Post a Comment

0 Comments