Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No Dig Garden Method

This is a very interesting article from Morag Gamble at Our Permaculture Life.
Interesting as the newspaper is the next to last layer to be used, rather than the first or bottom layer as in most no dig methods.
I have always placed the newspaper on the very bottom so I will try this method next time I build a garden bed and see the difference.



These are the three garden beds I made earlier in the year, using the 'traditional' method of newspaper on the bottom. The compost on the top has dried out and needs topping up already, whereas the newspaper on top method sounds like it might 'protect' the new soil more.


I would recommend checking out the Our Permaculture Life blog. So much information!
A great place to start would be this post - the best posts for 2016.


There has been a lovely gentle rain falling all day today, which is just what the garden needed. I am looking forward to sitting down in the next few days and making some garden/homestead plans for 2017.



Post a Comment

0 Comments