Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (I used 2 1/2)
- 1/3 c. melted butter (approximately 5 T.)
- 1 teas. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 c. sugar (can also use 1 c. or 1/2 c.)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teas. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° (325° if using a glass loaf pan).
- Grease or spray with Pam a standard size loaf pan or two mini loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas until completely smooth (I used a potato masher). Stir melted butter into mashed bananas.
- Next add the baking soda and salt to bananas and melted butter.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour last.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan (or mini pans). Bake for 50 min. to 1 hour at 350° -- until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. **I used 2 glass, mini loaf pans and baked for 43 min. at 325°.**
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes. Remove bread from pan(s) and let cool on wire rack.
Mash bananas,
and stir in melted butter.
Add the baking soda and salt; then stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
Add flour last.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan (or pans) and bake.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes.
Remove the bread from pans and cool on wire rack.
Yum -- golden brown deliciousness. These were soft, moist, and sweet without being too sweet. Sometimes simple really is best, isn't it? I do hope you'll give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for your visit; I truly appreciate your reading my posts. Looking forward to sharing more recipes here soon. Have a great week everyone!
Cheers,











0 Comments