Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

They Still Live... We Still Sleep


I took some time out from carving my Jack-O-lantern last night to watch They Live. Great flick. I hadn't viewed it in a very long time but I really enjoyed it this time around. The perfect B-movie sci-fi comment on our times... still relevant 20 years after it was made. (20 years! sheesh!)



What's extra cool is that They Live adapted a comic book story from one of my all time favortie series Alien Encounters. It was a titled Nada and it appeared in issue #6. Nada adapted the earlier published short story 8 O'Clock in the Morning. John Carpenter secured the rights to both before making the film.

Here's the trailer:


Here's the scene where our hero, played by Rowdy Roddy Piper, discovers what the world is really like for the first time with the help of some special sun glasses.



Don't forget to stay asleep and Obey!




-Swinebread

Post a Comment

0 Comments