The drive to NYC went well. I was surprised we didn't hit a lot of rush hour traffic (it was on a Monday). However, arriving in
Needless to say, we got our exercise right off and had hardly been in the city for an hour!! But at least we knew where to go when it came time to leave (there was no WAY we were going to haul our luggage back to the parking garage).
As I suspected, internet was at a premium in NYC. The McDonald's across the street had free Wi-Fi, but it was soooo sloooow, I nearly ran out of battery time just checking my e-mails! It wasn't worth going over there every night. I know, I know, if I had one of those smart phones like my husband has (iPhone), I wouldn't have had a problem, but I just can't justify owning one of those – yet.
I had a good time at Nationals and my agent appointment went well (she asked for the full – yay!). I didn't take many pictures, mainly because I forgot to take my camera when I should have had it with me. Or I didn't pull it out and use it when I could have. I mean, I had lunch with Allison Brennan and didn't get our picture taken together. I'm such a dunce!
I did get Lynsay Sands' autograph on one of her Highlander books. Now, watch me get hooked on that series (yes, I will be reading it – I love her books).
While I attended many workshops (some good, some not so good), I also attended the many book signings and came back with over 30 books (only paid for 2). My husband doesn't think I'll read them all. I think I will – eventually. Sure, I still haven't read all the ones I got from RT last year, and I keep buying new (I do have some favorite authors), but I really believe I'll get through all my books (especially when I no longer HAVE to work). I've read 32 books so far this year, and that's WITH a job.
I'm in the final fixings of my book. My plan is to send it to the editor and agent this week. I've done some minor fixes already, but for some reason my brain can't function all that well and we have a friend visiting. Every time I think it's quiet and start working on the book, that's when someone decides to want to talk. It never fails. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I can get this blog written!
I also have homework from a class I'm taking. Overwhelmed is too light a word for how I'm feeling right now. I think I need a vacation from my vacation!
But I'm back now, and hopefully I'll be blogging more often. I can dream, anyway!
Happy Independence Day! Hope it's a fun-filled weekend for you.

0 Comments