WTF Wednesday is a semi-regular feature of this blog. It documents the things that have made me pause, slap my forehead and say "What the f**k!" Well, that and I just like saying WTF. I'm retired. I don't have to watch what I say anymore. I'm not anyone's role model.
I was driving in to town on my regular route, north on SW 11th and then east on Hermiston Avenue, when out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of this house and I think "WTF!"
Who in their right mind paints an entire house the color of pepto bismol? Was there a sale on hideous paint colors that I didn't hear about? I can understand mixing up one gallon of this color before realizing that it was day-glow PINK, but they had to mix up gallons and gallons to paint this entire house. This color does not come pre-mixed, you have to request this color be mixed!
When I took this picture there were three bright red cars parked in the driveway. Did they purposefully decide to buy cars that clashed with their house?
I suppose there are positives to chosing this paint color. It must be easy to give directions to visitors...They are the only pepto bismol house in all of Hermiston.
"We're the pink house on the left. You can't miss us."
The pink probably cuts down on the cost of exterior lighting at night. I'm sure it's radioactive and glows in the dark.
"Just follow the glow on Hermiston Avenue. You can't miss us."
...And as you approach the house, you'll find yourself saying "What the f**k!"

0 Comments